Monday, May 13, 2013

Week 16 Roundup

Time to recap a little of what we've been up to around here, according to Barton.

So far this spring, I:
  • Went to a Super Bowl party at two weeks old with about 30 friends.  I slept the whole time, even through the BeyoncĂ© half time show.  I'll have to catch it on YouTube because I heard it was epic.
  • Went to the Dickson Street St. Patrick's Day parade.  Bagpipes are loud.  Men wear skirts.
  • Met former Razorback basketball coach Nolan Richardson in the freezer section at Walmart.  Brrrrr.
  • Traveled to White Hall for the first time to celebrate Easter.  Met aunts, uncles, cousin, and great grandmother DeJarnette for the first time.  We stopped by the Johnson's house on the way there and I got to meet my buddy Gunter.
  • Had a visit from Bevy and Pawpaw for Mom's birthday weekend.  Mom and Dad went to a Fayetteville Future Fund crawfish boil and baseball game without me (rude), but we all went to the opening weekend of the Fayetteville Farmers Market together (awesome).
  • Went to Mom's former office and met the people she used to work with.  She packed up her desk and will be staying at home with me for a while.  Woohoo!
  • Was invited to my first crawfish boil/Arkansas Derby watch party.  I got a little sun on my balding head, everyone held me, and I slept right through the absurdly loud screams of the men who'd put money on ponies.
  • Went to Fossil Cove Brewery for the first time with Mom, Dad, and our friend Troy.  Wasn't allowed to taste any beer.  Lame.  Told Troy to bring me something cool from his European adventure.
  • Attended the Razorback spring Red/White game.  I was so good the whole time.  Crowds fascinate me.
  • Took my first stroll on the Fayetteville trail system.  Pretty sure this is required in order to remain in good standing with the city. 
  • Attended a going away party for our friend Josh at US Pizza with about 25 of my closest.  Everyone held me.  I was really well behaved, of course, because I love people watching.  Next time, they'd better share the pizza.
  • Ventured out to Baum Stadium to watch a Razorback baseball game.  Everyone said I was so cute in my baseball onesie (thanks, Aunt Janice!) and shorts.  One of the gate attendants identified my potential and gave me a baseball so I can start practicing my skills.
  • Went to my first class at the public library.  I should have gone to the Infant class, but snuck into the Toddler class instead because my friend Noah invited me.  I liked the books about ducks, but couldn't keep up with the Hokey Pokey so I think I'd better send myself to the Infant class for a while to learn some fundamentals. 
  • Was NOT invited to the 4th Annual Couples Bunco/Derby Drunko party, so Mimi and Pop came to stay with me.  Mom and Dad were gone for about five hours, the longest they've been away, but we all survived.  Mom says mint juleps helped.
  • Met my Pa (great-granddad Bridges) for the first time as he traveled through town on the way to turkey hunt in Kansas.  He wanted to take me with him, but Mom is a party pooper and said no.
  • Made my first trip to Memphis to see Bevy, Pawpaw, Aunt Blakely, Uncle Dan, and the cousins.  Mary Blake and Janey loved holding me, but Daniel didn't exactly acknowledge my presence.  Two years olds are a tough crowd.  I also got to meet Nelia, Downie, and Catherine.  On the way back to Fayetteville, we had lunch with Mimi, Nan, and Pa, and our friend Clint stopped by to meet me for the first time. 










No comments:

Post a Comment