Monday, May 13, 2013

3 Months

Stats:  At 16 weeks, I'm 13lbs 15oz (50%), 24.5 inches (50%).  In size 3-6m in most clothing, but pants this size can still be a tad big.  It just depends on the brand. 
 
Days:  Waking up around 6:30 or 7:00, eating, and back down for a nap around 8:00.  Eating about every three hours or so, for a total of 24 ounces.  Taking about four naps a day.  We go on play dates sometimes, and we're starting to go to the library.  We've been hanging out with Noah and Wren, and I have a walking date lined up with Katie this week.  We go on a two mile stroll around the neighborhood most days.
 
The Physical:  I can stand about five minutes of tummy time on my play mat.  It's not my favorite thing.  I'd rather lay on my back and play with the toys.  I have really good head control and people have commented on my nice posture.  I seem really far away from rolling over, but it'll happen eventually.  I'm grabbing things more confidently and holding on tightly, including my toes.  I'd rather be up on my legs with you holding onto me than just about any other position.  Being held up in the air like an airplane is also a huge hit with me.
 
The Verbal:  I'm getting really chatty lately.  I like to hear my voice and I'll make noises when you talk to me.  I let out a high pitch squeak every now and then.  I laugh a lot, and I smile at most people I meet.
 
Toys:  I'm starting to notice toys a little more.  I love sitting in the bouncy seat and swatting at the toys above me, and kicking my legs to make myself bounce.  I can tolerate the swing for small amounts of time, especially when I'm sleepy.  The play mat is hit or miss.
 
Baths:  Loving bath time.  I may fuss when I'm getting undressed, but I quiet down once I'm in the tub.  Chances are, I'm going to pee on you if you're the one putting me in the tub. 
 
Nights:  After a bath and bottle, Dad reads a chapter to me from my Storybook Bible.  I lay in the Rock N Play and smile and coo at him.  I still like to be swaddled, but Mom and Dad attempt to let me sleep unswaddled here and there.  It takes me longer to get settled down, but I guess I can't go off to college with a swaddle so I'm working on figuring it out.  The sleep sack is my compromise with them.  I still wake up to eat around 3:00 about half the time





No comments:

Post a Comment