Tuesday, July 23, 2013

6 Months

Stats:  At my 6 month appointment, I'm 17lbs 4oz (50%), 26.25 inches (50%), 17.5 inch head circumference (75%).  Still squeezing into some 3m things, a few 3-6m things, but mostly 6m or 6-9m.  Depends on brand as always, which I hear is making it slightly difficult for Mom to accumulate a football season wardrobe for me. 
 
Days:  Waking up around 7:00, eating, and back down for a nap around 8:00.  Eating about every three hours or so, for a total of 30 ounces.  Taking about three good naps a day, ranging from an hour to two and a half hours, with the evening nap being hit or miss.  I spend most of my awake time playing with toys on the floor now that I'm sitting up alone.  We still go on a two mile stroll around the neighborhood most days, and I'm out of the infant bucket and sitting up facing forward. 
 
The Physical:  Sitting up alone!  I still hate being on my stomach.  The pediatrician said it's okay.  It's not that big of a deal.  I'd rather sit up or play on my back.  I rolled over for the first time from front to back at 4 months, but I only do it when I feel like it.  I'm reaching for and grabbing everything I can get my hands on.  I still like to stand up with someone holding me.  The doctor thinks I'll be getting a tooth in a couple of weeks.
 
The Verbal:  I'm getting more and more chatty.  I like to hear my voice and I'll make noises when you talk to me.  I let out a high pitch squeak when I get excited or too tired.  I laugh a lot, and I smile at most people I meet.   
 
Food:  I started solids!  So far I love apples, blueberries, bananas, mango, and peaches are possibly my favorite.  I've also had carrots and sweet potatoes, which I loved.  Tried peas.  Decided that no, peas are not going to happen.
 
Toys:  I'm all about toys these days. I really like my books, toys with rattles, and Sophie the giraffe, who squeaks.  I'm in the bouncer seat less and less, opting for the floor instead.  I like to be in the swing during the evening before my bath.
 
Baths:  Still loving bath time.  I don't even fuss usually when getting undressed.  I like looking at myself in the mirror while I'm getting a bath, but I'm probably outgrowing the whale tub soon.  Hopefully the inflatable tub will fit on the countertop, too, so I can keep looking at myself and staying entertained.
 
Nights:  After a bath and bottle around 7pm, Mom or Dad read a book to me.  I lay in the Rock N Play and smile and laugh.  I'm still in the swaddle all night.  Maybe one of these days I won't need it.  I stay asleep most of the time from 7:30ish-7:00.  Once in a while I'll wake up and realize I don't have my pacifier, and I make someone give it back to me.  Overall, I'm a great sleeper and wake up super excited for the day.  I'm definitely the most "morning person" around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment