Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Week 26 Roundup

Time to recap a little of what we've been up to around here, according to Barton.

So far this summer, I:
  • Went to my first Block Street Block Party, which is a party that Fayetteville throws itself.  It was pretty hot and sunny out, so we didn't stay long.  I didn't have the proper identification to get into the beer gardens, anyway, and I'm a year or so away from being able to enjoy the childrens' activities.

  • Stayed in the church nursery on Sunday morning for the first time.  Everyone said I did just fine, and I'm looking forward to going back most Sunday mornings.
  • Have been to a couple of dinner parties.  Our friends apparently love getting together to eat.  This is completely fine by me. 


  • Attended an Arkansas Naturals baseball game.  Box seats, obviously, thanks to Melissa Corn.  I had fun being passed around and there were so many things to watch.  I made it to about the 6th inning before falling asleep in my stroller.

  • Celebrated the 4th of July (on the 3rd of July) with friends.  Accidentally fell asleep before the fireworks. 

  • Celebrated lots of birthdays!  My buddy James turned 1 but I was in Memphis and couldn't attend.  I was able to go to Noah's 2nd birthday, Jade's 2nd birthday, and Gunter's 1st birthday.  Mom said you only get to eat cake on your own birthday, but I suspect she was fibbing.

  • Am still enjoying going to the Farmers Market on Saturday mornings.  Now I sit forward facing in the stroller, so I can see so much more.  I watch the music performers and the adoptable dogs walking around.
  • Went to the pool for the first time!  Our friend Jenica invited us over and I got to dip my feet and hands in.  My swim diapers and float have since been purchased, so next time I can really get in and enjoy the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment