Wednesday, March 19, 2014

1 year

Stats:  At my 1 year appointment, I'm 24lbs 8oz (75%), 31 inches (90%), 18.5 inch head circumference (80%).  I can still wear some 9-12m things, but mostly I'm in 12-18.    

Days:  Waking up anywhere from 7:00-8:00, eating a little breakfast, playing, and off to school around 9:30.  There, I play with classmates, have a morning snack, play some more, eat lunch, and go down for a nap that lasts an hour or so.  We've been going to Wilson Park to swing on nice days after school.  An evening nap around 5:00 is hit or miss.  We still go on a two mile stroll around the neighborhood lots of days.  

The Physical:  I started walking at exactly 10 months!  I still fall once in a while, especially on uneven terrain, but I'm mostly really good at getting around.  I usually don't want you to hold my hand, and if I don't want to go any farther, I'll plop down on the ground.  It's hilarious.  I also have five teeth!  Two bottom, three top.  (Update:  At 14 months, I now have nine teeth.  Four bottom, five top.  Two are top molars.  That happened fast!)  Some new tricks I have are clapping when someone says yay, blowing kisses on demand, and if someone says hello, I put my hand up to my ear because obviously I'm receiving a phone call.

The Verbal:  My vocabulary these days consists of (in varying degrees of clarity):  mama, dada, dog, ball, choo choo, hi, hello, uh oh, and yay.  I know what the word milk means, but am not saying it.    

Food:  Around 12-16 ounces of milk a day, along with whatever food the big people are eating.  Favorites are string cheese, cheerios, grapes (green only!), pasta, bread, peaches, oranges.  Still hate vegetables, but Mom and Dad are trying really hard to make me like them.  Feel free to call CPS about this.

Toys:  Still a big fan of the activity table and toy laptop.  I love a ball and like to dunk the basketball into my tiny basketball goal.  I also love books, but only if I am the only one turning the pages.  I still steal remotes and phones of the unsuspecting.  I love my stacking cups and rings, my over-sized alligators that I can lay on, and anything that makes noise when I bang it on the wall.  My teacher says I'm musical because I always play the Little Tykes piano at school.

Baths:  Baths are still awesome.  I splash a lot because this is my job.  My inflatable tub is now in the big tub, and there's more room than ever for my 117 bath toys to spread out.  

Nights:  After dinner and a bath around 7:00, I play for 30 minutes to an hour.  They hold me for a few minutes while I wind down, then it's time for the crib.  If I'm not sleepy enough, I'll toss everything out of my crib except my favorite dog pacifier.  Yes, I have two, and no, I'm not fooled by the new one.  Impostor.  I have a new sound machine that plays white noise and projects circling images on the ceiling.  Sometimes I takes me a while to close my eyes, but I don't fuss.  I stay asleep most of the time from 12-13 hours.   

No comments:

Post a Comment